CONNECTING SCIENCE AND SOCIETY
COMMUNICATING RESEARCH ON SUSTAINABILITY AND GLOBAL CHANGE
Potsdam Summer School 2019 The Call for Applications is over now!
The 2019 Potsdam Summer School (PSS) will explore the importance of science communication in order to find effective ways of communicating highly relevant topics in the field of sustainability and global change. With its ten-day program, the PSS 2019 will enable participants to create individual as well as organizational communication strategies to various audiences. This includes both the reactive elements of press and media relations as well as the proactive communication via traditional and new media outlets.
Since the sharing of interdisciplinary knowledge and expertise is highly relevant, the
It will take place from August 20 through August 29, 2019 in Potsdam, Germany and address the central topic of connecting science and society.
following questions will also guide the ten-day programme:
- How can scientists address audiences from other societal areas?
- Can all sustainability topics be communicated equally?
- Should scientists become advocates rather than taking neutral positions only?
- How to deal with incomplete or wrongly presented scientific information?
- How to reduce complexity, without losing the scientific character?
- How to strengthen the credibility of scientific findings?
Experts, stakeholders, and guest lecturers from high level national and international institutes and organisations will contribute knowledge and insights to the Summer School programme. The programme will comprise lectures, various discussion formats, and interactive group work activities.
The deadline for submitting applications was on May 20.For further information, please contact angela.borowski(at)iass-potsdam.de WELCOME TO POTSDAM!